- Fellowship in 2005 at Massachusetts Institute of Technology
Dr. Chun-Yu Ho received his Ph.D. in 2005 under the supervision of Prof. Dan Yang in The University of Hong Kong for organocatalytic asymmetric epoxidation. After pursued post-doctoral research during 2005-07 with Prof. Timothy F. Jamison at MIT for transition metal catalysis, he started his independent career at The Chinese University of Hong Kong (CUHK) as a Research Assistant Professor at the end of 2007. Since 2013, he is an Associate Professor in Southern University of Science and Technology, China (SUSTech), and Adjunct AP of CUHK.
He was a recipient of The Croucher Foundation Fellowship of Hong Kong, Asian Core Program Lectureship Awards from both Japan in 2010 and Singapore in 2011, and recognized as Overseas High-Caliber Personnel from Shenzhen in 2013.
- Catalytic organic synthesis (Gem-Olefins);
- Sustainable organic/hybrid materials preparations and applications;
- Phosphorylation and cyanation to access important biological compounds and their subsequent SAR studies;
- Olefin polymerization for functional Materials (poly(IB) derivatives)
- Bioresponsive Heterocycles Library Preparation
- Organometallic Chemistry (NHC ligand effects)
- 南方科技大学副教授 (Tenured)
- Research interest: N-Heterocyclic Carbenes (NHC), alkenes and catalysis
1. “NHC-Ni Catalyzed Enantioselective Synthesis of 1,4-dienes by Cross-Hydroalkenylation of Cyclic 1,3-dienes and Heterosubstituted Terminal Olefins.
- ” Chen, Y.; Dang, L.; Ho, C.-Y.* Nat. Commun. 2020, 11, 2269.
2. “NHC/Nickel(II)-Catalyzed [3+2] Cross-Dimerization of Unactivated Olefins and Methylene cyclopropanes.
- ”Huang, J.-Q.; Ho, C.-Y.* Angew. Chem. Int. Ed. 2020, 59, 5288.
- Highlighted in X-mol. on 2020-03
3. “NHC-Ni Catalyzed 1,3- and 1,4-Diastereodivergent Heterocycle Synthesis from Hetero-substituted Enyne.
- ”Yong, X.; Gao, W.; Lin, X.; Ho, C.-Y.* Comm. Chem. 2020, 3, 50.
4. “(NHC)NiIIH-Catalyzed Cross-Hydroalkenylation of Cyclopropene with Alkyne: A Straight Forward Cyclopentadiene Synthesis by NHC-NiII Assisted C-C Rearrangement.
- ”Huang, J.-Q.; Ho, C.-Y.* Angew. Chem. Int. Ed. 2019, 58, 5702.
- Featured as Inside Cover in Angew. Chem. Int. Ed. 2019, 58, 5466.
5. “(NHC)NiH-Catalyzed Regiodivergent Cross-Hydroalkenylation of Vinyl Ether with α-Olefin: 1,2- and 1,3-Disubstituted Allyl Ether Syntheses.
- ”Chen, W.; Li, Y.; Chen, Y.; Ho, C.-Y.* Angew. Chem. Int. Ed. 2018, 57, 2677.
6. “(NHC)NiH-Catalyzed Intermolecular Regio- and Diastereoselective Cross-Hydroalkenylation of Endocyclic Dienes with α-Olefins”
- Lian, X.; Chen, W.; Dang, L.; Li, Y.; Ho, C.-Y.* Angew. Chem. Int. Ed. 2017, 56, 9048.
7. “Catalytic Asymmetric Hydroalkenylation of Vinylarenes: Electronic Effects of Substrates and Chiral N-Heterocyclic Carbene Ligands”
- Ho, C.-Y.*; Chan, C.-W.; He, L. Angew. Chem. Int. Ed. 2015, 54, 4512.
- Featured as Front Cover & VIP (Very Important Paper),
- in Angew. Chem. Int. Ed. 2015, 54 (15), 4403.
- in ChemCatChem 2015, 7, 1639 by Prof. Gerhard Hilt &
- in ChemInform (preparative org. chem.) 2015-07-16
- in X-Mol on 2015-04-172.
8. “Catalytic Intermolecular Tail-to-Tail Hydroalkenylation of Styrenes with alpha Olefins: Regioselective Migratory Insertion Controlled by a Nickel/N-Heterocyclic Carbene."
- Ho, C.-Y.*; He, L. Angew. Chem. Int. Ed. 2010, 49, 9182.
- in SynForm 2011, issue 2, A15-16 & as Cover (by Prof. M. Zanda);
- in SynFacts 2011, issue 3, 310 (by Prof. P. Knochel);
- in Organic Chemistry Highlights, 2011 (by Prof. D. F. Taber