- Studentship in 1981 at the The University of Hong Kong
- William Mitchell College of Law, J.D., magna cum laude, 2003
- University of Florida, Ph.D., Polymer Chemistry, 1987
- University of Hong Kong, M.S., Chemistry, 1983
- University of Hong Kong, B.Sc., first class honour, 1981
Dr. Kam Law, a US patent lawyer and Hong Kong solicitor, advises a variety of clients including Fortune 500 clients, start-up companies and individual inventors, including a Nobel Prize winner in chemistry, on intellectual property (IP) matters.
He assists clients in applying for and prosecuting trademark and patent applications worldwide in the fields of renewable energy, pharmaceuticals, biotechnology, chemicals, electronics, mechanics, printing and technology. He frequently engages in patent due diligence and provides patentability opinions, freedom-to-operate opinions, non-infringement opinions, invalidity or validity opinions, and license agreements.
He also advises clients on enforcement of patent
rights and other IP matters.
Prior to his career in law he worked at Global 500 companies, including 3M and
Samsung Electronics, focusing on both research and development and intellectual
property works. He received his US patent agent license in 1999, and his J.D. and
US patent attorney license in 2003. As an inventor himself, Kam has obtained
more than 200 patents worldwide.